Wednesday, February 27, 2008

So Unsexy

There is nothing sexier than being down with the flu.

Anyone with a runny nose and hoarse voice is a sure turn on. I’m kidding, of course.

I have been under the weather for the past couple of days. 

It’s frustrating. My bed has become my new best friend. I have lost my appetite and probably a few pounds, to boot.

With nothing to do but rest, I became easily bored. I couldn’t even surf since our WiFi provider was down. Tough luck, I know.

After my doctor’s appointment, I decided to head to the mall. I was going about my business when I ran into someone I used to go out with.

I panicked. Particularly since I looked like shit. Still feverish, I didn’t even shower. With unkept hair and an unshaven face, I felt awful. Mom would have been proud.

I had two options. Run the other direction or have the balls to greet her.

Before I could decide, she approached me. She was gloating. She knew I was by myself. The ex was with someone who was not even particularly good looking.

But she clung on to him as if dear life depended on it. With all the clinging action, she somewhat reminded me of the Philippine tarsier.

We always have this perfect idea on our minds that when we run into people from our past, we would have the upper hand on things. That we are with a hot date and you’re ex is flying solo. That you are damn sexy looking and your ex now resembles a cow.

These are things that would confirm that your break up was her loss and not yours.

Yet the gods abandoned me on that day. The girl won hands down. I went home feeling more sorry for myself.

I hate being sick. It sucks.

15 comments:

Big Eyed Gal said...

Hahaha! That's just bad timing! Natawa ako sa analogy mo with the tarsier (mean!!)... hahaha!

Anyway, I have something for you here (http://bigeyedgal.blogspot.com/2008/02/my-quirky-side.html)

Raft3r said...

big_eyed_gal, Pwede din sanang "kapit-tuko," e. Hehe. Something 4 me? Pera? ;>

Big Eyed Gal said...

Hahaha!!! Pwede ding kapit-linta! Pera ka dyan... Ako hihingi sayo non! LOL!

Hope you're feeling better na....

Raft3r said...

big_eyed_gal, Eto kumakahol pa rin parang aso. Hehe. Inuman na tayo! Dali!

Anonymous said...

kaya naman pala walang nangugulo sa email, may sakit ka.

sign of insecurity nya yun, clinging to somebody's arm.

pagaling ka!

Raft3r said...

bestfriend, Thanks! Pagaling na ako. Punta ko Podium. Dvd sale. Yahoo! Happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

tarsier talaga?! hmmm...wonder if she reminded you of bohol....(thinking face)

Raft3r said...

matahari, Hindi Bohol naaalala ko sa kanya. Iba, e. Hehe.

pixie27 said...

Hahaha...Nice and funny entry =)

Raft3r said...

pixie27, Thanks. Welcome to The Deadbeat Club!!!

Anonymous said...

i haven't bumped into my ex in months! almost a year i think. and ako naman gusto ko when i bump into him wala akong kasamang boyfriend. i want to be walking alone looking happy..because i am happy :) and i'll look at his new girl with this 'look'..of pity..hahahaha! :D

i'm back. :D

Anonymous said...

hey Den, way to go gurl power...i would love to be in her shoes that day mocking you. hehehe just kidding.

no matter how you look that day, a gurl would always remember how a guy treated her when they were together...kaya nga yung iba hindi naman kagwapuhan pero the gurl would still say he's a great guy.

Che

Raft3r said...

donna, You're back! Salamat at akala ko kung ano na nangyari sayo, e. Hehe. Iba ang style mo. Malupit! ;>

anonymous, I don't want to be that "great" guy. Mas gusto ko na maalala ako na that "hot" guy. Nyahaha.

gorgeousj said...

Karma??? hahahaha

Raft3r said...

gorgeousj, Yes. Karma nga. Bilog ang mundo! Nyahaha ;P