Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Meaning

I haven’t had a dream in ages.

So when I woke up this morning, I was surprised to learn I had such a vivid memory of what appeared to be a dream.

The setting was in Hong Kong. I was apparently traveling with a local Chinese kid and a British bloke.

We were on top a very tall building when the grounds shook. There was an earthquake and a big one at that.

I looked through the window and I saw cars in the highway colliding with one another. People were panicking and running outside of their homes and offices. It was almost like Armageddon.

I felt quite lucky since I was on the last floor of a very tall building and in case of collapse, I would be right on top.

I looked at my companions and I saw fear in their eyes. The Chinese boy was crying and calling out to his momma. The British stud was yelling and it seemed he was screaming his boyfriend’s name.

It appeared there were only the three of us on that floor. I was the sane one. I was calm. I embraced death. That’s how my dream ended.

I now wonder what it means.

8 comments:

pixie27 said...

Medyo mahirap sagutin tong meaning ng dream mo but I'll try...I think you have a firm faith in God that you know even in your dreams you're not afraid to die. Because maybe, you're going to accept that death is a part of life.

I found this cool site about dreams, dreammoods.com:

To dream of your own death, indicates a transitional phase in your life. You are becoming more enlightened or spiritual. Alternatively, you are trying desperately to escape the demands of your daily life.

Raft3r said...

pixie27, Thanks 4 the info. Big help. Holy Week siguro, kaya ganyan panaginip ko. Hehe

Mishel said...

uhm, calm ka k'se ikaw yung tinatawag na boyfriend ng British guy and you can at least die together?

guess ko lang.

hehe. i labshu, Dennis! :D :P

Raft3r said...

mishel anne, Pwede! Trip ko pa naman mga twisted endings. Hehe. Sabi nga ng ex ko ang target market ko ay pre-teen girls at mga bading, so pwedeng-pwede! But that's for another new post. Nyahaha

Payperbiz said...

Are you acrophohic? If not, your dream suggests you'll be able to get over whatever predicament you have right now. But if you are acrophobic, stay away from tall buildings lang.

Raft3r said...

sonnet's, Stay away from tall buildings. Gotcha.

Anonymous said...

Friend wag mo masyado isipin ang sinabi ko sa iyo tungkol sa panaginip mo ok? tama ang sinabi ng lahat dito tungkol sa ibig sabihin ng panaginip mo basta it's an unexpected change and you will accept this change with open arms. tanggap mo kung baga basta be ready lang kasi bigla yung pangyayari. pero katulad ng lagi ko sinsabi sa mga "clients" ko...Diyos lang ang nakakaalam kaya pray always...ask God for guidance ok? congrats sa new posts! keep it up!:)

Raft3r said...

stephanie, Don't worry. I won't lose sleep over it. Ako pa! Hehe. Thanks though.