Monday, January 19, 2009

One

The Deadbeat Club turns one year old today!

To celebrate this joyous occasion, here are some quotable quotes from the past 365 days:

I am in no way an emotional guy. My exes would make sure you know that. (As I Am)

Despite the notorious reputation of my birthplace, I don’t ever recall being mugged, shot, robbed, stoned, stabbed, drugged or gang raped. (Wouldn’t It Be Nice To Be Proud)

I’m no team player. So basketball doesn’t suit me. I have the tendency to just think about myself and forget about my teammates. (The Rafters)

Maybe, even as a child, stupidity has always been my greatest trait. (Don’t Talk To Strangers)

I mean I couldn’t even sustain a relationship for more than a year. How could I possibly survive an eternity with someone? (The Wedding Crashers)

Voyeurism is such a thrill. (The Cure)

Gadgets are like women. They are both temperamental. Gadgets, just like women, are also expensive to keep. (My First Night Without You)

We should not resort to name calling. It reflects poorly on how we are as a Nation. (Bitch)

Adult life is so complicated. Not only do you have to find a job to survive, you got other things to stress about. There’s your love life, your kid’s education, your boss, your meager salary, your favorite celebrity switching to another TV network. It’s insane. (Bills, Bills, Bills)

So to all I had previous relationships with, rest assured I never lied. I just didn’t love you enough. (Would I Lie To You?)

I am more than just a pretty face. (Beautiful Ones)

Maybe one reason I have so many failed relationships is that most girls I have been with pale in comparison to my mom. (Mother)

Home is still the best destination. (28 Days Later)

Wedded bliss comes with its own baggage, wife included. (The Space Between)

I always liked Japan. Regardless of the ruthlessness their people did to my ancestors, Japan remains to be a dream destination. (Turning Japanese)

How can an activity that involves a lot of spending be considered by women as a great stress reliever? (It’s All About The Benjamins)

I know how it feels to lose something you badly want. (Wimbledon)

It's sad that an icon like Janet, who has broken numerous music records and paved the way for artists like Beyonce, Rihanna, and Aaliyah, will forever be remembered for wardrobe malfunction. (Crying Shame)

Call me a cheapskate or even a tightwad. But I will be laughing all the way to the bank. (Cute Boy Discount)

Pretending is still one of the most popular games people play. (Sunday Morning)

For the first time since my junior prom, I am actually stressing out on what to wear. (All For You)

It's better to be buried in debt than to be buried six feet under. (Somebody Told Me)

39 comments:

The Scud said...

happy birthday to your blog!!! and man, you are a darn good writer. talentado. pahingi naman ng konti nyan. hehe.

Visual Velocity said...

Dude, happy 1st!

Great quotes by the way! Looking forward to more rants and misadventures in the next 10 years!

Rock on!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday, ka barrio! imagine, small world talaga, taga malibay ka rin pala.

sa totoo lang, baka magkapitbahay pa tayo, hahaha.

Anonymous said...

Great quotes, bro!

Happy first!

Raft3r said...

the scud, Naku. Salamat sa bola. Hehe

andy briones, Ten more years? Baka di ko kayanin yan. Hehe

kengkay, Wow. Ka-barrio! I like. Hehe

ganns, Dude! Salamat!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday http://malibay.blogspot.com may you have many more birthdays to come.

escape said...

happy anniversary sa blog mo. congratulations! halos magkasabay lang pala tayo nagblog.

sa malibay ka pala pinanganak. may kaibigan akong dentista sa area na yon kaya nakakapunta ako paminsan minsan doon.

Anonymous said...

One year and counting... Congrats!
Keep on writing! :p

♥SomethingPurple♥ said...

Happy 1 year denoy :)))

Anonymous said...

i thought it was your birthday!! HAHAHA, anyways, happy birthday to your blog. i love the qoutes. :P

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary pare! one year muna pala kami nauuto sa mga thoughts mo.. heheh

pero in fairness ha, halos lahat may sense..saka masarap basahin. masarap din mag-comment. wehehehe.

mabuhay! more power! break a leg!

Raft3r said...

elyong, Salamat ng marami!

the dong, Baka kamag-anak ko pa dentista mo! Hehe

len, Naku. Baka di ko ma-sustain ang blog. Ala Sonnet's at Salve. Hehe

something purple, Ikaw ang isa sa mga idols ko sa blog. Hehe

aime, Your 1st comment! Salamat!

hitokirihoshi_kawaii, Bolera ka talaga! Hehe

Wendy said...

I’m no team player. So basketball doesn’t suit me. I have the tendency to just think about myself and forget about my teammates.

-That made me laugh out loud. Now I know why you love tennis (singles, of course). Congrats and keep blogging!

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st anniversary! Galing ng idea mo dito sa post na ito, it saved you of thinking what to write, kopya na lang sa old posts, medyo reminiscing pa ang dating! Ma diskarte ka talaga!

laieesha said...

dammit! When I use my phone to comment, ayaw talaga! gggrr!!

Anyway, hanep, parang "clip show" hehehe... Happy Birthday/Anniversary to The Deadbeat Club! Thanks for keeping me entertained. Kakaaliw ka talaga! Keep on writing! I'm sure there will be many lonely dinners where your blog will keep me company. =) Happy Posting!

Anonymous said...

In fairness, may bagong post si Sonnet's ha. :p

Anonymous said...

nice post to commemorate your first year :) happy anniversary!!! :D

Raft3r said...

wendy, Tennis rocks!!! Aussie Open ngayon.

bestfriend, Nanlait pa! Hehe

laieesha, Hehe. Will try to update palagi. Para ako na ang basahin mo kesa ke Yummy Friend. Nyahaha

len, Whoa. Di nga? Mabisita! Hehe

mitzi, Salamat!

Beth said...

my hubby was born in a street near Tramo, Pasay. It is equally notorious too.
But just like you, he was never hurt there in all of his 28 yrs of staying there.
happy bday, deadbeat club!

Raft3r said...

elizabeth, Tramo? Wala yan sinabi sa Mali Bay! Hehe

Judayski said...

happy birthday to The Deadbeat Club!!! one day apart lang pala kami. no wonder your blog is also awesome. mwahahaha!!!

keep blogging, yummy friend!

Raft3r said...

judayski, Birds of the same feather ba? Hehe

Liz said...

Yeehah! One year old na, happy birthday and I wish you more years to come.


Mommy's Little Corner
A Simple Life
Moms... Check Nyo

Raft3r said...

liza, Maraming salamat!!!

Anonymous said...

congrats!!! happy anniv, the deadbeat club! :) don't stop now! ;)

pixie27 said...

Wow Raft3r! Akala ko matagal ka na nagb-blog as in parang akala ko years na hehehe...Happy 1st year anniv/bday of blogging hehehe....ganda ng mga highlights mo ha...

Raft3r said...

carol, Happy anniv din sanyo! Hehe

pixie27, Hindi pa. Si Somethingpurple ang beterano na! Hehe

Anonymous said...

naksh naman! YEAR ONE na ang website mo! Congrats! hehehe..
Dang you're a good writer raft3r! keep it up and cheers for more years to come! vi-a-v!

Anonymous said...

truly pack with adventures both online and offline!

Congratulations on your 1yr Anniversary! keep it going ;)

Payperbiz said...

Happy anniv! These are quotes that one should live by. Keep it up:)

Anonymous said...

Ulit ulit ulit...baka kasi isipin mo di pa ako pumupunta. Di ba nga, inangkin na ng payperbiz ang gmail ko. Sige ito ulit para Sonnet ang lumabas...

Happy anniv! These are quotes that one should live by. Keep it up:)

Raft3r said...

bena, Salamat! Tignan natin kung kayanin ko pa ang more years to come na yan. Hehe

vhincent, Yes. Action packed talaga si Raft3r at ang Deadbeat Club. Hehe

payperbiz, Words to live by ba? Nyahaha

sonnet, Miss na kita at nasakin pa rin yun Gap mo! Hehe

Anonymous said...

happy birthday!

Raft3r said...

pete, Yahoo! 1 year old na si Raft3r! Hehe

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Deadbeat Club!
Keep on writing and entertaining your readers.

Promise, dadalasan ko na ang pagdalaw. :)

Coriander Dreams said...

Have a Happy One!

Raft3r said...

salve, Yeah! Welcome back!

coriander dreams, Happy one indeed. Hehe

The Islander said...

haha! i was amused with the collection of mostly funny quotes.

happy birtniversary! huli man daw at magaling, huli pa din. haha.

happy anniversary ulit. thanks for always being present everywhere. definitely not a deadbeat as you are continuously surviving the blogworld.

Raft3r said...

the islander, Yeah. Rock on!