Thursday, December 27, 2012

If I Ever Lose My Faith In You

Raft3r always breaks the rules. ALWAYS. 

So when I initially planned to feature 12 guest bloggers, kinda knew (right off the bat) that wouldn't be the final number.

13 seems more fitting.

To end this month long fest is Atticus.

I wouldn't dare say anything more about her besides the fact that I love her dearly.

Takot akong mabatukan nya, eh.

----------

There are divine designs we dare not question.

One of them is why Raft3r wasn’t born my little brother.

Reading his blog entries through the years, I’ve come to consider him my little brother. If you read my comments on his posts, you’ll realize that I treat him as such.

There are times I want simply want to choke him. Or eat ice cream and not give him any till he goes running to momma.

Oh, there were times he made me think: so this is how kids view society, relationships, women, and sex.

For the sex part, I almost always want to strangle him. Kiri! Malandi! Haliparot!

As I told you, there are divine designs we should not question and one of them is why Raft3r wasn’t born my little brother. It is unfathomable why a man his age would want to call Janet Jackson his “wifey,” memorizing all her songs and even making their lyrics reference points to how he sees the world. Janet was born in 1966. Raft3r, by his posts, was born not too long ago. Maybe yesterday. Oedipus much?

Kidding aside, this kid manages to make Malibay seem habitable and fun. Whenever I drive near the area, I snicker at the thought of how Raft3r pictures where he lives.

I call the avenue where I live The Street With No Soul but I don’t want to digress. This piece isn’t about me, it’s about the young man who should thank his lucky stars I am not his big sister.

I am glad I wasn’t around after he single-handedly “arrested” the shameless man who stole his car. Then there’d be an amusing headline story about a carjacking, a smart and heroic victim, a pissed big sister, and the near-murder of a younger brother.

And then he comes up with this galactically moronic idea of shutting down his blog. If he’s a few feet away from me right now, he’d have no hearing to accompany him in his old age.

Again, there are divine designs we should not dare question, and one of them is why Raft3r wasn’t born my younger brother.

It’s to allow a free-spirited guy wreak havoc to the world as he sees fit with a smile (fine, with a sneer most of the time), minus the nagging of a big sister who wants him to behave according to her wishes.

There’s wisdom there.

Atticus

26 comments:

Raft3r said...

atticus, Nyahaha. For the record, dehins ko memorized lyrics ni wifey. Hehe

Anonymous said...

great post! i'll hold him, you strangle him, atticus. ;)

Raft3r said...

prinsesamusang, Illegal ang bullying. Tama ba? Hehe

fiel-kun said...

ngeek, open for invited readers lang yung blog ni atticus >_<

Raft3r said...

fiel-kun, Sorry. Shy kasi sya. Hehe

Teacher Pogi said...

ayan. nakagawa ka na ng yearbook mo. hahaha. ala friendster testi :)))))

Raft3r said...

overthinker palaboy, Hehe. Oo, nga eh. That wasn't my intention when I started this series.

Visual Velocity said...

My favorite line: "For the sex part, I almost always want to strangle him. Kiri! Malandi! Haliparot!"

:D :D :D

Raft3r said...

visual velocity, Rated PG nga mga sex posts ko. Hehe

Visual Velocity said...

Ma-mi-miss ko ang Malibay! Ngayon ko lang na-realize halos sabay pala tayo nagsimula mag blog. Four-years-old na blog ko. Tanders na tanders na.

Raft3r said...

visual velocity, 4 years nadin pala obsession mo ke Bonsai! Hehe

Visual Velocity said...

Kamusta raw sabi ni Madam. Ba't hindi mo na raw siya fini-feature sa blog mo.

Raft3r said...

visual velocity, Hayaan mo. Sa Enero kamo. Hehe

gillboard said...

uy the end is near na...

narealize ko ngayon lang

:(

Raft3r said...

gillboard, Why the sad face? Hindi naman ako ang blog of the year mo, ah. Nyahaha

gillboard said...

bakit parang may poot na di ka blog of the year?

Raft3r said...

gillboard, What's poot? Nyahaha

atticus said...

aba, tama lang naman na matakot kang mabatukan ko.

seriously ading, keep your blog open.

or else tutuktukan kita. seriously.

Raft3r said...

atticus, It will remain open after January 19. Wala na nga lang updates. Hehe

Wendy said...

There are divine signs we dare not question. -- So true! Love the post's title too.

Wendy said...

Ay designs pala, not signs. Hihi those are entirely two different things.

Raft3r said...

wendy, She's a big fan of Sting kasi. Hence, the title. Hehe

eden said...

Aba, may takot ka pala.hehhe

btw, keep posting, ma mimiss namin yong mga posts mo..

Raft3r said...

eden, Oo. Takot talaga ko dyan. Hehe

hitokirihoshi said...

"Again, there are divine designs we should not dare question, and one of them is why Raft3r wasn’t born my younger brother."

Atticus, ayoko rin siyang maging kapatid. Tito na lang o Lolo. hehehe

makakasagupa ko lang ito lagi e. hehehe

Raft3r said...

hitokirihoshi, Baby face na lolo? Pwede! Hehe