When I was in grade school, the dancing sun became a phenomenon and everyone dreaded “The Three Days of Darkness.”
The two symbolized world destruction. Well, sort of. We all survived to see the 21st century, right?
I find it ironic that despite being a devout Catholic nation, most Filipinos are still highly superstitious. If I remember my freshman Theology class correctly, superstition is a sin under the 10 Commandments.
Being the superstitious freak that I am, here are a few telltale signs that the world might soon be coming to an end:
- Global warming;
- Rice supply shortage (To think we are an agricultural country!);
- PGMA refuses to step down from office;
- Erratic fuel price increases (I have two hungry vehicles to feed!);
- US economy is under recession;
- Noli de Castro is the top pick to be the next Philippine President according to recent polls;
- Filipinos are now divided into Kapusos and Kapamilyas;
- Most prefer to work abroad than to stick it out on their home turf;
- Gabby Concepcion’s showbiz comeback; and
- Bayani Fernando’s face is plastered all over EDSA.