Reasons why Pinoys won’t succeed:
- We lack discipline.
- Crab mentality is part of our culture.
- We do not learn form past mistakes.
- We vote not based on merit but on popularity.
- We are a tsismis (gossip) loving nation.
- We have no road etiquette.
- Our politicians are corrupt and selfish.
- We complain a lot but lack the initiative to make a change.
- The justice system seldom works.
- We embrace the “Bahala Na” (leave it to fate) attitude.
Reasons why Pinoys can overcome anything:
- We are resilient.
- Religion and spirituality play huge parts in our day to day life.
- We are utterly optimistic.
- We find humor in everything.
- Resourcefulness and creativity run in our DNA.
- We are always hopeful.
- We are survivors.
- Utang na loob (reciprocity) is a highly regarded trait.
- We have strong family ties.
- In times of dire need, the “Bayanihan Spirit” (altruism) is alive and well.
Which side are you on?