Sunday, February 3, 2008

50 First Dates

My first date was in Shakey’s Greenbelt.

I met the girl through my one of my cousins. She was very cute. So I started paging her.

Yes, those were the days. When texting was still a thing of the future and paging was the latest craze.

After lunch, we headed for the movies. 

We watched Disney's Beauty and the Beast. The movie was jam packed with kids. My date and I started to get cozy when she placed her head on my shoulder.

That’s when it happened. 

Kids from the back started heckling. “Ang landi naman nyan (That girl’s easy),” they chorused.

My date started to feel uneasy. So I put my arms around her and assured she wasn’t the class tramp the kids were pertaining to.

The heckling grew louder. So we had to leave halfway through the movie. That bummed me out. How else would I know if Belle would get it on with the Beast, right?

But beyond the animated flick, a new real life love story was flourishing. 

It appeared I did good on my first date. She said I made her feel safe. She gave me a good night kiss while we waited for manong (driver) to pick her up.

Our love story lasted for a full seven days after that. We were the sweetest couple. Ah, the joys of high school flings.

How did yours go?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Denoy, I truly cannot remember my first date. As in, .... ala akong maalala. I guess your 1st date was great because you could still recall it enough to write something about it... But what I do recall are our dates because I always have fun when we go out... Does this mean ikaw na ang mag-treat sa next date natin? hehehe, mwah! (,")

Raft3r said...

jella, One should always remember their first time. =)

st_leobinus said...

My first date, after I came out, was with a Jewish guy I met on-line. We had sushi and he offered to have dessert at his place. He was fun, had a lot in common, sensible, with gorgeous blue eyes plus I'm a sucker for green tea ice cream so I said yes. Out of the blue, he made a confession that he wanted to kiss me but was afraid of rejection. I told him to close his eyes and count to three. He did as instructed then I kissed him. I ended-up staying the night.

Raft3r said...

st_leobinus, Wow! You scored on your first date!

Anonymous said...

st_leobinus, ca we have an EB please =) I also like green tea ice cream

Raft3r said...

anonymous, Hey. There are other blogs just for that purpose! Hehe.

Anonymous said...

Story of your life favorite friend...

I truly hope you find the ONE, and I'm not pertaining to NEO of Matrix...

Best regards and always keep in touch.

Thanks for giving me Cleng.


Maj.

Raft3r said...

majs, I miss you. Sobra. See you soon. Welcome to The Deadbeat Club!

Wendy said...

Made me laugh - Ang landi naman nyan. Hahaha.

Raft3r said...

wendy, Nyahaha. Sa pagbabalik tanaw, parang tama nga yun mga bata!

John Ahmer said...

my first date was in McDo' hehe