Here are a few fun facts of the city I will call home for the next three months.
1. According to the FBI, Baltimore was the Most Crime Violent of the 25 largest US cities in early 2000.
2. Based on a CDC Surveillance Report, Baltimore ranked second in the US for reported AIDS cases.
3. Baltimore has been assessed by an NGO as the third Most Kid Unfriendly City in the country.
4. The Baltimore Sun reported one of every eight Baltimore residents is a drug addict.
5. Mayor O’Malley proclaimed Baltimore as the Juvenile Murder Capital of America in 2002.
6. Baltimore, as stated in the Baltimore Sun, is the Heroin Capital of the country.
Post script: A shout out to Grantorino is in order.